Virtual and augmented reality have been a growing trend in healthcare, with hospitals applying the tech for surgery prep, reducing patient anxiety, and helping patients better understand how a procedure will be done. The virtual world will be part of the upcoming INVEST Digital Health conference, scheduled for Wednesday, September 28, in Dallas and presented in collaboration with Health Wildcatters.
Dr. Mona Flores, Global Head of Medical AI at Nvidia, will deliver the keynote talk kicking off the conference. Called Metaverse in healthcare, the keynote will highlight how the virtual world, AI and the healthcare sector intersect. Here’s a description:
Major tech companies and others are betting on an immersive, 3D virtual world rich with different experiences. What would that look like in healthcare? Hear from a senior executive at one of the most prominent AI companies today – one that is at the forefront of imagining the metaverse in healthcare, be it creating medical or non-medical experiences.
The broader theme of the INVEST Digital Health conference is employee health benefits. Healthcare experts will address a wide range of topics in the context of how self-insured employers and employees are navigating health benefits. The conference will explore how employers are managing healthcare costs, the rise of virtual care, how they’re addressing healthcare concerns in the workplace, and the consumerization of healthcare, among other topics.
Click here to view the agenda. To apply to speak on a panel, click here.
Additionally we’re also looking for startups to apply to present as part of the pitch contest Pitch Perfect.
Here’s the criteria for Pitch Perfect applicants for INVEST Digital Health:
- We’re looking for startups that are next-generation insurance companies, care navigation companies, or startups that help to improve and provide ROI on employee benefits.
- The contest is only open to startups founded in 2020 and earlier.
- Your company has raised at least $1 million or a Series A round, or has a qualified institutional investor or a strategic investor.
- If you pitched at a MedCity event in 2021 or 2022 you are not eligible for this contest.
- Startups that are selected to pitch will provide an overview of their companies and take questions from a panel of investor judges. The winner receives an editorial profile in MedCity News.
The application deadline is July 15. To apply, click here.
For sponsorship opportunities, contact MedCity News publisher Ken Montgomery: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photo: metamorworks, Getty Images